Erie County Supervised Visitation
Download a PDF of this webpage
Hillside’s Supervised Visitation program strengthens the reunification of families following the placement of a child in an out-of-home relative or foster care setting. Services provided by the program are designed to increase safety and family supports, strengthen family relationships, increase the development of parenting skills, teach coping skills to children and parents alike, and enhance individual growth and self-esteem.
About this Program
Services provided through the Supervised Visitation program assist families experiencing difficulties in home life. Each family is assigned a Hillside Skillbuilder, who meets with the family in an office setting or at a designated community location for the amount of visitation time indicated by the referring Family Court.
Services focus on strengthening family relationships, developing parenting skills, learning effective conflict resolution and communication, and coping with stress. Additionally, the Hillside Skillbuilder may provide families with information other community resources and how to access those resources. Specific services provided include:
- Parenting education during visitation to strengthen family bonds and decrease the length of a foster care or relative placement.
- Supervised visitation is provided for court ordered participants only.
- Sibling visitation may occur in accordance with Family Court order.
- Supervised visitation for families whose children are in an out-of-home placement.
- Transportation may be provided in certain circumstances involving children residing in foster care.
- Crisis response providing 24-hour support.
Services are usually provided at Hillside’s Buffalo office or at another specified community location on a weekly basis for a length of time specified by the court (usually, approximately six to nine months). The family must reside in Erie County and have at least one of the following circumstances:
- Child or children in placement in foster care or court ordered relative care
- Family Court-ordered supervised visitation
- Referral completed by Erie County Case Manager
This program serves families with youth ages 0-18 years who are in relative or foster care placements.
This program is open to eligible residents of Erie County, and requires a referral through the Erie County Department of Social Services.
70 Jewett Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14214
For details about this or any Hillside program, contact us 24 hours a day at 585-256-7500 or email@example.com
This Program Supported by Erie County Department of Social Services.