HWSC in Syracuse
Currently, more than 1,260 students are enrolled in HWSC from 14 Syracuse city schools:
- Corcoran, 919 Glenwood Avenue, Syracuse NY 13207
- Henninger, 600 Robinson Street, Syracuse NY 13206
- Institute of Technology at Central, 258 East Adams Street, Syracuse NY 13202
- Nottingham, 3100 E Genesee Street, Syracuse NY 13224
- Promising Futures Leadership Academy, 573 E Genesee Street, Syracuse NY 13202
- Public Service Leadership Academy @ Fowler, 227 Magnolia Street, Syracuse NY 13204
- Clary, 100 Amidon Drive, Syracuse NY 13205
- Brighton Academy, 309 West Brighton Avenue, Syracuse NY 13205
- Frazer, 741 Park Avenue, Syracuse NY 13204
- Grant, 2400 Grant Boulevard, Syracuse NY 13208
- Lincoln, 1613 James Street, Syracuse NY 13203
- OASIS Academy, 1728 South Avenue, Syracuse NY 13207
- Roberts, 715 Glenwood Avenue, Syracuse NY 13207
- STEM @ Blodgett, 312 Oswego Street, Syracuse NY 13204
Young people enter the program in grades 7 through 9, and receive 360-degree support from school-based Youth Advocates who help them develop good habits, acquire social skills, and achieve their potential for success at home, in school and at work.
A Model that Works
Year over year, HWSC’s model brings positive outcomes for participating Rochester-area students, their families, and their community, seen in these on-time graduation rates from the Syracuse Class of 2021:
- HWSC ENROLLED 90% 90%
Joining HWSC in Grade 9 or earlier sharply increases the likelihood of on-time graduation compared to non-participating students.
- HWSC RETAINED 96% 96%
Students who remain in HWSC throughout high school enjoy even greater results.
- HWSC EMPLOYED & YETA-CERTIFIED 100% 100%
Students who are YETA-certified and employed by an HWSC employment partner see the highest graduation rates of any segment of the program.
These and other insights are included in our HWSC Outcomes Report for the Class of 2021.
Regional Employment Partners
Rochester-area employers are invaluable partners in the success of HWSC and our students. HWSC Employer Partners recognize the importance of a new generation of ready-to-work young people. We’re proud to collaborate with these following partners to link HWSC students with individualized resources and experiences that make such a difference in their lives.
Regional Advisory Council
With Hillside’s broad geographic reach, community-based perspectives are essential. Our Advisory Council members help us remain responsive to the diverse needs of the communities we serve. Many thanks to our Syracuse advisors:
Maritza Alvarado, MD
Virginia Biesiada O’Neill
For More Information
To learn more about HWSC’s Syracuse activities, contact Karinda Shanes, Regional Executive Director, at 585-256-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.