Within the Hillside community and throughout the regions we serve, June is an important month for promoting a diverse and accepting culture!.
Within the Hillside community and throughout the regions we serve, June is an important month for promoting a diverse and accepting culture!
On Monday, June 20, Hillside will once again observe Juneteenth as a staff holiday. This commemorates the day of June 19, 1865, when enslaved African-Americans in Galveston, Texas, were told they were free – what many consider the effective end of slavery in our country. Juneteenth, celebrated by people of color since the late 1800s, finally became a federal holiday last year.
June is also Pride Month, a worldwide celebration of the LGBTQ+ community. We all deserve the space to live as our true authentic self, with dignity and respect and where Love is Love.
Events are planned throughout the regions served by Hillside:
- Syracuse’s Pride Parade is scheduled for June 25.
- Rochester’s annual Pride Parade is coming July 16.
- Buffalo is holding Pride Month events throughout June.
- Binghamton’s Pride Palooza in the Park is set for June 11.
- Learn about 2022 Pride events occurring in Prince George’s County and throughout Maryland.
- For our neighbors in New York’s Southern Tier, details are available about 2022 events in Corning, Jamestown and more.
Wherever you live, all are encouraged to join the celebrations!